Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Anthem of a Broken Heart


~ by Julie Kruse

If there were words to make you stay

I wouldn't watch you walk away

But as I try to turn the tide

Even lying eyes can't hide

The anthem of a broken heart


It's not the lonely nights I fear

Or waking up without you here

It's all the memories I can't clear

And the anthem of a broken heart


With every tear I'm learning how

To feel the pain this time around

But there's no song to sing that drowns

The anthem of a broken heart


I wish that I could describe

The way I feel so deep inside

The time has come, I know the signs

To sing the anthem of a broken heart


The eyes can't hide the look of pain

The ears can't stop the sound of rain

As I hold you close I start to hear

The anthem of a broken heart


If you could see the way I feel

The love inside my heart is real

The past is gone, let's take a chance

Together we can heal...

the anthem of a broken heart

No comments: